Board of Directors
The Wisconsin Prescribed Fire Council is a coalition of government agencies, organizations, contractors and individuals striving to make the use of prescribed fire in Wisconsin more safe, effective and accepted for all practitioners. Our current board members include:
- John Schwingel – Director – The Nature Conservancy
- Matt Smith – Director – Riveredge Nature Center
- Cory Gritzmacher – Director – Mequon Nature Preserve
- Alison Duff – Director – USDA-ARS
- Lee Jensen – Director – Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
- Selvio DeAngeles and Hayley Zanoni – Directors – UW-Stevens Point Fire Crew Executive Team
The Wisconsin Prescribed Fire Council holds council meetings every Spring, Winter, and Fall. If you are a WPFC member, you are always invited to participate in council meetings.
Council meeting minutes archive coming soon!
The Wisconsin Prescribed Fire Council developed and adopted the official WPFC Bylaws in July of 2005. Last updates occurred in August of 2017.